Global Pathology Education Award
In an effort to improve global health by increasing the exchange of information and the science of pathology, the CAP Foundation has developed the Global Pathology Education Award. This award supports online attendance at CAP22 Virtual (October 8–11, 2022) for international pathologists practicing in medically under-resourced areas around the globe. The College of American Pathologists’ annual meeting provides outstanding continuing education in all pathology specialties taught by world class experts.
Each education award includes the following:
- Complimentary CAP22 Virtual registration
- Access to more than 50 CME courses for a period of 90 days following the meeting
- Complimentary IFCAP (International Fellows of the CAP) membership for one year, pending submission and approval of a completed IFCAP application
Physicians practicing the specialty of pathology in medically under-resourced countries as identified by the World Health Organization (WHO) are invited to apply. Those in a pathology residency training program are not eligible for this award. Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend CAP22 meeting sessions. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Priority consideration for the Global Pathology Education Awards will be given to practicing pathologists who:
- Reside in a medically under-served country as designated by the WHO. The WHO-HINARI website will be utilized as a guide.
- Are not current International Fellows of the CAP.
- Have a demonstrable need for financial support to virtually attend the CAP annual meeting.
Submit the following materials by June 1, 2022:
- An essay of up to 750 words that addresses the following:
- Your years in practice, your practice setting, the areas of pathology you work in, and the types of services you perform on a weekly or monthly basis including challenges faced
- Your interest in attending CAP22 Virtual
- Your plan to share and apply the knowledge gained
- Why the award is important to your career development
- Why you are seeking CAP Foundation support for attendance at the meeting
- Your organization’s support for you to attend CAP22 Virtual
- Curriculum vitae
- Professional headshot for use in Foundation web and print media (Requirements: 1+ megabyte, color, professional dress, neutral background; no selfies please)
Applicants will not be considered unless they include the above items and cover the essay points listed.
Awardees are required to submit a short evaluation form within 10 days of completing meeting attendance.
The CAP Foundation may also communicate the bestowing of this award and content from your evaluation form for future promotional purposes with CAP members and donors via the Foundation website, social media channels, newsletter, or annual report.
Additional Information and Questions
Note that all correspondence with the CAP Foundation regarding this award will be in English and take place via email, the preferred method of communication. If needed, applicants may call +001-847-832-7931 to speak to Foundation staff via phone.