Empowering Our Future
The CAP Foundation has a vision for the future and knows it can enhance its impact exponentially with a shared commitment to collaboration among our community. Over the next five years, the Foundation is focused on sustaining our cornerstone programs while enhancing our ability to explore new areas of opportunity. To accomplish these goals, the CAP Foundation is pleased to announce the Empowering Our Future Campaign.
About the Campaign
The Empowering Our Future Campaign is the most significant effort in the Foundation’s history and will position the CAP Foundation to better support people’s health and guide the pathology profession into the future. To achieve this vision, the campaign focuses on:
- Pursuing opportunities within three areas of focus – Humanitarian Programs, Leadership Development, and Global Outreach
- Highlighting the important role of pathologists in health care
- Enabling the CAP Foundation to support people’s health and guide the pathology profession into the future
To accomplish these goals, the CAP Foundation has identified strategic objectives within each area of opportunity.
Humanitarian Programs – See, Test & Treat®
- Ensure program sustainability by implementing multi-year program funding while garnering sources of community funding for long-term sustainability
- Reach new communities by empowering additional pathologists to lead these programs, allowing the Foundation to expand access in new communities across the US each year
- Define core health education objectives by partnering with other organizations for health education content, establishing core objectives, and implementing digital content delivery; we also plan to expand translation of educational materials
- Improve program efficiency and effectiveness by implementing an events management system to improve communication, collaboration, and transparency between the Foundation and program sites
- An event app will also allow for on-site volunteer tracking, collaboration on behalf of patients, access to digital education for patients, and the ability to follow up with patients to determine long-term program impact
- Expand existing Foundation grants and awards to increase opportunities available to pathology residents and medical students
- Strengthen research funding and offer additional grants to CAP members in emerging areas of clinical concern
- Create new awards for advanced training in the areas of digital pathology image analysis, In Vivo Microscopy, and artificial intelligence
- Expand access to CAP education by supporting attendance at CAP annual meetings and providing opportunities to virtually access education resources
- Provide opportunities for resident training, both in-person and virtually, to increase the international pipeline of practicing pathologists
- Improve diagnostics around the globe by providing guidance for laboratory test performance, adoption of guidelines, expertise in laboratory management, and access to experts
The National Steering Committee is comprised of pathology leaders, both CAP members and diagnostic industry partners, whose primary role is to lead the CAP Foundation Campaign to success.
Thank you to all our donors. Your generous support will help guide the CAP Foundation into the future.
The CAP Foundation brings pathologists into the patient care arena through its See Test &Treat program, offers access to cutting-edge pathology education through scholarships and grants, and is now working to support pathology education globally.
– Dr. Bharati Jhaveri
Drs. Bharati and Suketu Jhaveri
Serafy Family Foundation
Dr. Edward P. Fody
Dr. and Mrs. Gerald and Suzanne Hanson
Dr. Ron Weiss and Mrs. Peggy Ahlin
Dr. Carey and Mr. Brett August
Rebecca L. Johnson, MD, FCAP, and Michael A. Kelly
Guillermo G. Martinez-Torres, MD, FCAP
Alvin M. Ring, MD, FCAP
Dr. Eva Wojcik and Mr. Michael Brayne
Sang Wu, MD, FCAP
Dr. and Mrs. Tim Allen
Alfred W. Campbell, MD, FCAP
Dr. and Mrs. Alan F. Frigy
Wayne L. Garrett, DO, FCAP
Gail R. Janes, PhD
Megha Govind Joshi, MD, FCAP
Dr. and Mrs. Donald S. Karcher
Paul Kirchgraber, MD, FCAP, and Theresa Rohr-Kirchgraber, MD
Maryrose T. Murphy, MS, MBA
Stephen and Kathy Myers
Raouf E. Nakhleh, MD, FCAP
Suzanne Z. Powell, MD, FCAP
Dr. and Mrs. Jim and Robin Richard
Drs. A. Joe and Rana Saad
Gail H. Vance, MD, FCAP
2021 Industry Partners
The CAP Foundation would like to thank the industry partners that made pledges to this campaign. Their generous support will help guide the CAP Foundation into the future.
The CAP Foundation is committed to providing value to each individual and organizational supporter of this campaign, and to that end, we create visibility and promotion opportunities for all supporters. To learn more about how to get involved as a campaign donor, please contact the Foundation team at CAPFcampaign@cap.org.